He recently represented the state of Oklahoma in the Four by Four 2014: Midwest Invitational at the Springfield Art Museum in Springfield, Missouri. One artist was selected from Kansas, Missouri, Arkansas, and Oklahoma. Dennis installed hand-printed wallpapers, as well as furniture with custom upholstery, featuring patterns designed to subvert common understanding of ornamental design.
In October, he will present on his recent work at the National Conference on Liberal Arts and the Education of Artists at the School of Visual Arts in New York.
He was hired summer 2015 as an Assistant Professor in Communication Design at Texas Tech University.
- November 2014 – Selected to represent Oklahoma in the Four by Four Invitational Art Exhibition Springfield Museum of Art – Springfield, MO
- November 2013 – 2nd Biennale Internazionale Borgo di Montone Montone, Italy
- January 2013: PROCESSED – Hand-printed silkscreen wallpaper installation Living Arts of Tulsa – Tulsa, OK
- November 2008: Installation/poster exhibition – Dwelling Spaces – Tulsa, OK
- April 2007: Beta Shampoo Installation, Print, and Poster exhibition in the Boger Gallery at College of the Ozarks – Point Lookout, Missouri
- April 2006: MFA Thesis Exhibition Installation and other work, which represented culmination of research and experimentation at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln
- August 2005: Lens Flare Light-projected installation, monoprint screen-prints and poster show Tugboat Gallery – Lincoln, NE
- January 2005: ZXZ/ADV Series of monoprint screen-prints with installation Baciami, Lincoln, NE
- June 2004: Zigzag In A Work Corridor Leedy-Voulkos Art Center – Kansas City, MO
FEATURED IN THE FOLLOWING PUBLICATIONS:
- Art Focus, Oklahoma Visual Arts Coalition Magazine. Sept/Oct 2014
- 1,000 Dog Portraits by Robynne Raye. Rockport Publishers 2014
Art Focus, Oklahoma Visual Arts Coalition Magazine. Jan/Feb 2013
- Paper and Ink Workshop by John Foster. Rockport Publishers 2013
- Rock Paper Show curated by Geoff Peveto. Soundscreen 2011
- 1,000 Indie Posters by John Foster .Rockport Publishers 2010
- Form Magazine Nov/Dec 2013
- Oklahoma Magazine May 2010
- Gig Posters Vol. 1 by Clay Hayes. Chronicle Books 2009
- Dirty Fingernails by John Foster. Rockport Publishers 2009
- Color In Graphics by Ana Labudovic. Maomao Press.
- Print Magazine , Regional Design Annual Sept. 2007
- Lincoln Journal Star Aug 2005